[syslog-ng] Error accepting AF_INET connection from

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Wed Aug 17 00:59:45 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 05:21:25PM +0200, Johannes.Trauttmansdorff at commerzbank.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am fairly new to syslog-ng and am very please of what I have seen so far.
> However, in case of a network outage between a sender and syslog-ng I do
> experience the following error message until I restart the syslog-ng daemon.
> I have searched the board but only found some old messages regarding a bug.
> Please advice.
>

> Jul 31 17:54:22 hostname syslog-ng[18336]: Error accepting AF_INET
> connection from: x.x.x.x:1124, opened connections: 10, max: 10

The FAQ covers this:

 http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html#max_conn

Increase the number of connections your server will accept, the default
is 10.
--
Nate

When asked                    68% of corporate execs said a corporation
"Who owns the Internet?":     23% said it was Microsoft
                              98% of 6th graders said: no one.