[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng & multiple "central" loghosts / HA environment

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:07:17 -0800

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:04:59PM +0100, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> I think a third idea to consider is using multicasting, and have both
> syslog-ng box listen to the same multicast group and equipment to send
> its messages to the multicast IP.
>
> Although syslog-ng does not support this at the moment, I don't think it
> would be that difficult to implement.

I don't know if any code could be reused, but the concepts in spread are
somewhat in line with your thoughts here:

 http://www.spread.org/

--
Nate

"C is quirky, flawed, and an enormous success." - Dennis M. Ritchie.