[syslog-ng]Can I run multiple Syslog-ng instances on different ports?

Wayne Sweatt syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:43:05 -0600

I was interested in running 2-3 instances of Syslog-ng on a single =
system,
with a single interface.
I would use different port numbers for each, of course. The reason was =
separate logs from different client OS types.
We have a different team that supports Mac OS X, for example, and would =
like
to keep a separate directory tree of logs for those systems.
The syslog-ng.conf file would be pushed out to the different *NIX Oses =
with
Cfengine, and then Syslog-ng could keep the logs separate and then could =
be
parsed those logs with my scripts and email the appropriate admins.
Is the running 2-3 concurrent instances ok?

 Wayne Sweatt
 Sr. UNIX System Administrator
 Comforce Technical Services
 LANL SCC Team