[syslog-ng]Destination program: Syslog-ng stops writing to program

K Resar syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:27:45 -0400

I've setup syslog-ng to output its messages to a destination
program.  However, when the server gets heavily loaded [1] either
syslog-ng stops writing messages to the program's STDIN or the
program stops reading these messages.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

If this appears to be a known problem that cannot be resolved, a
solution for me would be to output all messages received with some
sort of a destination file driver, but keeping the PRI portion of
the syslog message intact.  Does this functionality currently exist?

Keith.

1: Or perhaps just for the fun of it too -- this has happened at
times when I would not expect the log server to be getting too many
messages.