[syslog-ng]1.5.24 hangs, Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98

Richard E. Perlotto II rperlott@cisco.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:35:16 -0800

Pipes do not seem to work well on Linux.  I could not get consistent
stability with them, and changed to writing to 'buffer' files that
are named by the current time to include seconds.  I then operate
on the data.  I also preformatted the data using templates so that it
resembles what I already want for the data.

Richard