[syslog-ng]1.5.24 hangs, Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98

Greg Hartung ghartung@adt.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:47:07 -0700

   I upgraded from 1.4.14 to 1.5.24 because I needed support for named
pipes.  Now the daemon hangs every few hours or so (with or without the use
of pipes).  All the output files (about 90 devices) have the same last
timestamp.  It happens a dozen or more times a day with no obvious pattern
in the timing.  Does seem to be proportional to volume (doesn't hang
overnight).  The output actually stops mid-message.  Many of the files are
2GB or more.  kill -HUP or syslog-ng restart seems to clear the problem up
(continues writing to the same large files).  syslog-ng conf file is about
10k with about 20 filter/log/destination combo's.
   Any ideas?
   If you want to see the config, let me know, I just didn't want to clutter
the list...

Thanks,
Greg