[syslog-ng]logrotate question (not working with syslog-ng)...

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:52:16 -0700

Frank

Can I ask you 1 last question? :)

I made a /etc/logrotate.d/syslog-ng and erased
/etc/logrotate.d/syslog.

The only difference is the new guy works off
/var/run/syslog-ng.pid rather than /var/run/syslog.pid.

Will logrotate run this file when it rotates syslog-ng files???

How does logrotate know to run this file?? I assume it
expects a file whose name is the name of the daemon???

(If I called it /etc/logrotate.d/charlie
it prolly would not have worked right?)

Chris

--