[syslog-ng]logrotate question (not working with syslog-ng)...

Frank Crawford syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
11 Apr 2003 11:05:08 +1000

Chris,
	Check that /etc/logrotate.conf has the line "include /etc/logrotate.d",
which forces the include all files in the directory '/etc/logrotate.d'.
That is the standard configuration for Red Hat for sometime now.  I
expect it to be so for other Linux distro's that implement the logrotate
package.

	As to how it knows, it just runs every file in the logrotate.d
directory (or more correctly includes them in the conf and then runs
that).  The match is made on the log filenames, and if they match then
the block below is executed.  The name of the config file you added
doesn't matter to logrotate but it makes it a lot easier for humans if
it does relate to the package or some other obvious standard.

Frank