[syslog-ng]logrotate question (not working with syslog-ng)...

Frank Crawford syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
11 Apr 2003 10:45:37 +1000

Nate,
	You need to add the option "sharedscripts", which only runs the script
once for all the matches, e.g. the Red Hat syslog file is:

/var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/spooler
/var/log/boot.log /var/log/cron {
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid 2> /dev/null` 2>
/dev/null || true
    endscript
}

BTW, I don't think this option was in the original logrotate, but I know
it has been around for a while.  I've seen it since at least Red Hat
7.1.

Frank