[syslog-ng]logrotate question (not working with syslog-ng)...

nate syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:18:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Nate
>
> Why didn't you just modify the logrotate
> script for syslog?... else how is your own
> script called when a rotation happens?

I did originally call the script from the "postrotate" option
within logrotate.. but that didn't work so hot, turns out the
postrotate option is called after every log, so in my case
/var/log-ng/* restarted syslog-ng about 30 times. I suppose
I could create an entry for every log but that would mean more
long term maintainence of the file for the new messages.* files
that are from new hosts.

unless theres another way..

nate