[syslog-ng]source socket keepalive patch suggestion

Ted_Rule@flextech.co.uk Ted_Rule@flextech.co.uk
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:16:28 +0100

This problem exist for me on all glibc incarnations as far as I'm aware.

It also exists in Perl5 / Syslog:pm - but I wrote a local patch for myself for
that.

Admittedly, I probably could write a patch to glibc, but then I'd have to get it
into the real glibc
source so that it doesn't get overwritten by every new glibc RPM release.

I just thought it would be easier all round to provide for as near 'non-stop'
functionality across syslog-ng/SIGHUP
as possible.

Ted

"Ed Ravin" <eravin@panix.com> on 11/09/2002 18:34:42