[syslog-ng]option use_dns & use_fqdn problem with syslog-ng tcp connection t o syslog-ng?

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:54:18 -0700

--0qVF/w3MHQqLSynd

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:38:27AM -0400, Russo, Ben wrote:
>=20
> For network nodes using OLD syslog daeomons that send using UDP=20
> (solaris, HP-UX, Linux etc...)
> The $HOST value is the FQDN as defined in in DNS reverse lookup.
>=20
> However if I have syslog-ng on a remote box and it
> uses a TCP connection to my central syslog receiver=20
> then the hostname is missing the domain?

Since you're using macros, use the $HOST_FROM macro newly introduced. It
uses gethostbyaddr() so you should get the FQDN you want no matter
what's in your options{} settings.

I'm not sure why you're seeing this behavior though.
--=20
Got a light?
Typical unix response:   Got:  No match.

--0qVF/w3MHQqLSynd

--0qVF/w3MHQqLSynd--