[syslog-ng]option use_dns & use_fqdn problem with syslog-ng tcp connection t o syslog-ng?

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:03:59 -0700

--b1ERR0FXR0PvNIRE

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:54:18AM -0700, Nate Campi wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:38:27AM -0400, Russo, Ben wrote:
> >=20
> > For network nodes using OLD syslog daeomons that send using UDP=20
> > (solaris, HP-UX, Linux etc...)
> > The $HOST value is the FQDN as defined in in DNS reverse lookup.
> >=20
> > However if I have syslog-ng on a remote box and it
> > uses a TCP connection to my central syslog receiver=20
> > then the hostname is missing the domain?
>=20
> Since you're using macros, use the $HOST_FROM macro newly introduced. It
> uses gethostbyaddr() so you should get the FQDN you want no matter
> what's in your options{} settings.

FYI:

Looking at the source I see,

#define M_FULLHOST_FROM 38
#define M_HOST_FROM  39

So you may need to use FULLHOST_FROM to get the FQDN.
--=20
Cahn's Axiom: When all else fails, read the instructions.

--b1ERR0FXR0PvNIRE

--b1ERR0FXR0PvNIRE--