[syslog-ng]compress()

jamie rishaw jamie@playboy.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:48:22 -0500

Hi,

  This is probably a question more for the coders than the list in general,
but:

  I'm currently running 1.4.12 on FreeBSD as a central server, and
wanted to know, if/when compress() was going to be implemented?

  Also, compress() begs the question: will compression be on the fly,
or after rotation to another file (e.g.
file("/logs/routers/$YEAR-$MONTH/$DAY/$HOST"); ).

  I guess the question to follow would be for the list at large:  Has anyone
come up with clever/interesting ways to archive/move old logs?

  TIA

jamie
--
jamie rishaw <jamie@playboy.com>
sr. wan/unix engineer/ninja // playboy enterprises inc.

"UNIX was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop them from doing clever things." -- Doug Gwyn