[syslog-ng]priority level ?

Tony Moran syslog-ng@ayahuasca.net
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:10:44 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I was wondering..

When I create a filter, if I specify a priority level, for example
'err' does that also imply all facility levels greater than err
are also matched ?  On the face of it this doesnt seem likely
given I'm filter matching, but looking at the syslog-ng.conf.SunOS
file in contribs/ and other examples this is what it can only seem
to be saying.

For example for /dev/console the example filter is

{ level(err) or
(level(notice) and facility (auth, kern)); };

I'm hardly going to leave out everything above err, or notice for auth and kern
if I am to send important messages to the console.

Thanks for your help,   Tony