[syslog-ng]priority level ?

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:33:58 -0700

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 03:10:44AM +0000, Tony Moran wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering..
>
> When I create a filter, if I specify a priority level, for example
> 'err' does that also imply all facility levels greater than err
> are also matched ?  On the face of it this doesnt seem likely
> given I'm filter matching, but looking at the syslog-ng.conf.SunOS
> file in contribs/ and other examples this is what it can only seem
> to be saying.
>
> For example for /dev/console the example filter is
>
> { level(err) or
> (level(notice) and facility (auth, kern)); };
>
> I'm hardly going to leave out everything above err, or notice for auth and kern
> if I am to send important messages to the console.

This will get everything at the error level, and auth.notice and kern.notice.

If you desire err and above, level(err..emerg) is what you are after.
   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)