[syslog-ng]AIX compatability issue?

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:06:39 -0700

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 01:11:30PM -0600, John_Delisle@ceridian.ca wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  Sorry to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by
> truss or a strace?  Is that a type of bracket?  Below is the output I get

strace and truss log to stderror (or a file) all the system call a
process makes.

I took a look at the AIX box we have kicking around and the only
strace on it is for tracing STREAMS.  This is not what you want.

I looked at the strace homepage, and as far as I can tell, AIX is
*not* one of the supported platforms.

AIX seems to have a tracing utility called trace(1).  It looks kinda odd,
but should do the job.
   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)