[syslog-ng]AIX compatability issue?

John_Delisle@ceridian.ca John_Delisle@ceridian.ca
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:11:30 -0600

Thanks for the response.  Sorry to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by
truss or a strace?  Is that a type of bracket?  Below is the output I get
to /var/log/messages:

Feb 21 21:41:25 Message forwarded from ppsvrwasprd2: pskavins: testing
using local1.notice

John Delisle
Corporate Technology
Ceridian Canada Ltd
204-975-5909

                    Balazs Scheidler
                    <bazsi@balabit.hu>            To:     syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    syslog-ng-admin@lists.        Subject:     Re: [syslog-ng]AIX compatability issue?
                    balabit.hu

                    2001/02/23 05:34 AM
                    Please respond to
                    syslog-ng

Hi,

> I'm running a central syslog-ng server with the following syslog-ng.conf:
>
> options { sync (0);
>           time_reopen (10);
>           log_fifo_size (1000);
>           long_hostnames (off);
>           use_dns (yes);
>           use_fqdn (no);
>           create_dirs (no);
>           keep_hostname (yes);
>         };
>
> source s_sys { unix-stream ("/dev/log"); internal(); };
> source s_remote { udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514)); };
>
> destination d_mesg { file("/var/log/messages"); };
> destination d_powerpay { file("/var/log/powerpay"); };
>
> filter f_powerpay       { facility(local1); };
>
> log { source(s_sys); destination(d_mesg); };
> log { source(s_remote); filter(f_powerpay); destination(d_powerpay); };
> log { source(s_remote); destination(d_mesg); };
>

> I have serveral AIX servers that don't seem to get logged.  I'm sending
> messages with facility set to local1.  If I comment out the second log
line
> above I get messages from the AIX servers to my messages file.  When I
> enable the second log line as it is above I get nothing.  I've tested
> sending messages from other platforms with facility set to local1 and
they
> get logged in the correct file as expected.

/var/log/messages should get a copy of each message regardless of the
second
logline. you should check whether syslog-ng receives the lines correctly
with a truss or an strace.

PGP info: KeyID 9AF8D0A9 Fingerprint CD27 CFB0 802C 0944 9CFD 804E C82C
8EB1