[syslog-ng]AIX compatability issue?

John_Delisle@ceridian.ca John_Delisle@ceridian.ca
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:46:47 -0600

Would it be easier to replace the AIX syslogd with syslog-ng?

John Delisle
Corporate Technology
Ceridian Canada Ltd
204-975-5909

                    Brad Arlt
                    <arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca        To:     syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
                    >                             cc:
                    Sent by:                      Subject:     Re: [syslog-ng]AIX compatability issue?
                    syslog-ng-admin@lists.
                    balabit.hu

                    2001/02/23 04:06 PM
                    Please respond to
                    syslog-ng

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 01:11:30PM -0600, John_Delisle@ceridian.ca wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  Sorry to sound ignorant, but what do you mean
by
> truss or a strace?  Is that a type of bracket?  Below is the output I get

strace and truss log to stderror (or a file) all the system call a
process makes.

I took a look at the AIX box we have kicking around and the only
strace on it is for tracing STREAMS.  This is not what you want.

I looked at the strace homepage, and as far as I can tell, AIX is
*not* one of the supported platforms.

AIX seems to have a tracing utility called trace(1).  It looks kinda odd,
but should do the job.

   __o                    Bradley Arlt           Email:
arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_                                             WWW:
www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)
\(_)