AW: [syslog-ng]What are the installation requirements???

Sippel, Christian Christian.Sippel@izb.de
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:30:32 +0100

Hi,
as far as I understand your error messages flex and bison are missing. You
have to install them if you have not done it yet. This is a quotation from
the "install"-file of syslog-ng:

Compiling the program:

syslog-ng requires gcc as a C compiler (at least version 2.7.2), GNU flex as
a lex, and bison as a parser generator. Some GNU C and GNU flex extensions
are used, porting to other compilers/lex/yacc combination is welcome.

Hope this helps,
regards,

Christian