[syslog-ng] Config file size and performance

Chris Scheller schelcj@networkone.net
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:18:28 -0800 (PST)

I am doing similar here. we have about 40-50 servers,routers,nas boxes
that i am logging. My config file is only 73 lines due to the fact that i
am using the hostname macro expansion.  I would not even want to write a
config for this many servers without the macro expansion. I don't know
about any limits on the  size of the conf file in syslog-ng though. This
is working out quite well for us. why not use the macro expansions instead
of hardcoding for each host?

Chris Scheller
Network One Internet, inc.
http://www.networkone.net/