[syslog-ng] Config file size and performance

ger ger@tinet.ie
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 11:35:28 -0500

Hi,
    I'm configuring syslog-ng for use on a central log server,
processing logs from 60 busy syslog clients, and I've realised that
without hostname macro expansion in the config file I'm going to end up
with a file >600 lines long.  Is this likely to cause performance
problems with syslog-ng when it's trying to compare each syslog packet
against this kind of filter/action list, and has anyone else used it in
a similar environment?

Thanks, Ger.

--
Ger Mulcahy, Technical Consultant, Harvard Business School