[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.1.7 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:03:15 +0200

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

I have released version 1.1.7 and libol 0.1.4. I added support for udp and
tcp sources, and added a program filter, which filters messages based on
program name. In addition it is now possible to restart syslog-ng by sending
it a HUP signal. Except for sending messages over the network, all syslogd
functionality is in place.

I am thinking about builtin support for logfile rotation. One could specify
rotation parameters in destination statements:

destination d_messages { file /var/log/messages rotate(weekly, 9) compress =
};

What do you think?

--=20
Bazsi