[syslog-ng] requirement for @version directive in 3.x config file

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Jan 5 04:12:22 CET 2010

Our syslog-ng configuration file is generated automatically, from various
different bits and pieces based on what roles and services a system
provides.

Unfortunately, our current implementation would not allow always ensuring
that the "@version" directive is the first line in the generated config
file. Version 3 of syslog-ng seems very unhappy if that is not the case.
This seems somewhat inflexible, would it be possible to have a command line
option specifying the configuration file version so it does not have to be
on the very first line of the actual file? Any other suggestions (short of
modifying our internal processes :) ) to get verison 3 to be happy with a
configuration file without this specific directive as the very first line?

Thanks much...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768