[syslog-ng] program_override("kernel") not working in 3.0.4

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Jan 5 04:22:47 CET 2010

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Lance Laursen wrote:

> Syslog-ng 3.0.5 has the following in its bugfixes update:
>
> * Fixed host_override/program_override options that were broken in 3.0.4.
>
> I'd grab version 3.0.5 regardless as it is a recommended upgrade with a
> number of bugfixes.

Ah, that sounds promising, thanks for the tip. I'm using Gentoo, it looks
like they added 3.0.5 late last month but it's still marked as unstable and
doesn't show up as an available update by default. I didn't think to look
for a newer version from upstream.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768