[zorp] Stacking programs doesn’t work and how to modify POST parameters?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri Jul 4 08:08:49 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 01:47 +0200, thomas.wenz at gmx-topmail.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the release. Unfortunately, it doesn't work yet:
>
> The library compiles fine but Zorp itself not. I've attached the error below. It seems like
> zorp/misc/zcp.h is missing (which is somewhat clear because the ZCP isn't part of GPL
> version as far as I know).
> I then removed the "#include <zorp/misc/zcp.h>" and "ZCPContext *control_proto;"
> from the proxystack.h but I'm unsure if this could lead to problems because I'm
> changing the ZStackedProxy struct? Without these two lines, compilation works.

Yes, I probably had a library installed in the build chroot that had
those.

I intended to release zcp as well (zcp stands for zorp core protocol and
is used between several zorp components, like the auth/content vectoring
servers), but that sits in another library that is not GPLed and the
complete library cannot be released as GPL.

So for now I disabled the "control" channel of the stacked programs, but
I've left these references there.

This control channel is used to propagate verdicts from the stacked
program to the proxy, e.g. it can tell the proxy to reject the contents
with a specific error message describing the situation.

I've uploaded zorp_3.3.1a+20080704+0753.tar.gz to the same location, it
now should build correctly.

> I installed it with this change and upon starting Zorp I get the following error:
> Starting Zorp Firewall Suite: Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/fw/conf/http.py", line 1, in ?
>     from Zorp.Core import *
>   File "/usr/share/zorp/pylib/Zorp/Core.py", line 38, in ?
>     from Zone import InetZone
>   File "/usr/share/zorp/pylib/Zorp/Zone.py", line 135, in ?
>     import kznf.kznfnetlink
> ImportError: No module named kznf.kznfnetlink
> This import is used in multiple python-files of Zorp (Dispatch, KZorp, NAT, Service,
> Zone). It seems to be not an official library as I couldn't find anything about it.
> I couldn't figure out how to solve this...

Hmm... I think I did release this part, it is located under
pylib/kznf/kznf directory in the source tree. It should be installed you
invoke make install.

It is also compiled into a python-kzorp package if you build a .deb.
These files are used to communicate to the in-kernel part of Zorp, named
KZorp.

I'm not sure whether you also want to use the KZorp component, Zorp will
work without it and properly configuring it can be quiet involved.

Without KZorp, Zorp will display an error during startup, but then
operate correctly afterwards.

http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/kernel-patches/2.6.17-kzorp/