[zorp] problem with apt-get update on debian sarge

Tom Carbert-Allen Tom.Carbert-Allen at quative.tv
Fri Feb 22 13:18:09 CET 2008

>>> Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> 22/02/2008 11:49 >>>

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 11:06 +0000, Tom Carbert-Allen wrote:
>> Dear All
>>
>> I have just installed debian sarge minimal i386 and added the 3.1 apt sources from the www.balabit.comwebsite but when i run
>>
>> apt-get update
>>
>> All i get is 404 errors
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your assistance

>you are using the commercial Zorp apt sources which require a password.
>Are you sure you quoted your own sources.list file? because
>user/password is not filled in, or you have a username + password?

>There was a problem with the GPL sources though, but I've fixed them.

>I've just tested this and it seems to work.

>deb http://apt.balabit.hu/zorp-gpl-oszorp-os-3.1/3.1 common-gpl  common-gpl-dev  zorp-gpl  zorp-os  zorp-os-dev  zorp-os-extra

>Bazsi

Bazsi

Thankyou for your quick response!

I was trying to work out the URL from balabit.com

I did eventually manage to reverse enginear the sources
deb http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/zorp/zorp-os/ zorp-os-3.1/3.1security zorp-os common-gpl etc

which seems to be downloading now, but i will update with the correct URL you have just provided.

I have since noticed that the correct url is on the sourceforge site which i hadn't spotted before.

My reason for needing Zorp OS is is purely one of frustration with my failure to apply the TPROXY patchs under debian or gentoo myself to get a fully transparent squid cache. I have built no less than 16 kernels this week and probably about 40 iptables, still I was getting --to-port not being accepted! Hopefully zorp os will allow me to use the wonderful TPROXY patch successfully!

Hopefully I will have an fully transparent proxy by the end of the day! And maybe then I can convince the company I work for to give you a donation or buy your commercial version so they can use it too! We use squid heavily but so far we bypass certain things that need client IP for authentication, hopefully with tproxy we can cache the images in those apps too.

Thanks for your help

Tom Carbert-Allen

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, discussion or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please contact the sender by return email and delete all copies of this email and its attachments, if any.