[zorp] tproxy linux-2.6.15 - bug??

Jakub Bednář bednar.jakub at centrum.cz
Wed Jul 19 14:04:35 CEST 2006

Hi,
    thanks for helping with the TCP proxying problem. But I have another one.

I was succesfully runing foreign-udp-recv demo on linux kernels 2.4.20, 2.4.23 and 2.4.27.
Now I have downloaded kernels 2.6.15.1, 2.6.15.7 and 2.6.17 and
cttproxy- 2.6.15-2.0.4 patches.

I have correct the patches to apply on 2.6.17 kernel and I have compiled it correctly.
On all kernels listening on foreign IP address and setting own source address works fine.

But on all 2.6. Kernels the demo for foreign-udp-recv from examples is not running. I've added
the rule to iptables, but it seems it doesn't work, becouse no traffic commes to my proxy.

When I disable the rule for TPROXY and add only REDIRECT, the packet delivery is ok.
When REDIRECT is active and TPROXY as well then no packets are delivered. So i think
the TPROXY rule is hit while PREROUTING but the data are not delivered to the application.

Any ideas how to fix it? I've spend nearly two days trying to make it work and I'm slowly giving up.

Thanks for Your help.

Jakub Bednar