[zorp] Difficulty in running Zorp

Elwin Eliazer zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:43:10 -0800

Hi,

I tried to setup Zorp around December last year, and related to that i asked
a few questions. Then i had to focus on some other activities. I am
restarting some of my Zorp efforts now.

I have completed various steps in getting Zorp, tproxy, iptables, etc build,
in my desktop PC running RedHat Linux 9, with 2.4.22 kernel.
All the steps towards building and installation, went fine, after a few
iterations of getting things fixed.

Now, i tried starting Zorp, as follows, after editing the policy.py and
instances.conf file appropriately.

# zorpctl start inter
Starting Zorp Firewall suite: inter
# zorpctl start intra
Starting Zorp Firewall suite: intra
# zorpctl start dmz
Starting Zorp Firewall suite: dmz

After doing the above, however, Zorp did not get started. I am getting the
following:

# zorpctl status inter
Instance inter: not running.
# zorpctl status intra
Instance intra: not running.
# zorpctl status dmz
Instance dmz: not running.

Is there an easy way for me to figure out what went wrong in my setup?
Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

cheers,
Elwin.