[zorp] Policy.py gives errors

Matt Hackett zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:42:26 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: SZALAY Attila [mailto:sasa@balabit.hu]=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:14 AM
To: zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: Re: [zorp] Policy.py gives errors

Hi All!

On 2003 Jul 02, Matt Hackett wrote:
>=20
> I've been trying to get Zorp working for several days now and have run
> into a variety of problems. After struggling to get the last source
> version from the site properly compiled (we use a PaX-patched kernel =
and
> it took a while to get Zorp to compile with completely PIC) I've =
finally
> got a running zorp executable. Except that it chokes on my policy =
file.
> I've gone through the indentation and such, so to really test what was
> going on I set PYTHONPATH to the zorp/pylib directory and ran "python
> policy.py" which returned this:

C part of Zorp export some class and function to python level.
Because of this you get problems when you try to run policy.py outside =
of
Zorp.

> Shouldn't these be coming from the Python 'socket' anyways?

No. It's coming from codes written in C.

Try to run zorp like this:

/usr/lib/zorp/zorp --as internal_out --policy /etc/zorp/policy.py -v3 -l

Of course change the path of zorp and policy.py to correct value.

And send result to me please.=20

--=20
Szalay Attila                     BalaBit IT Biztons=E1gtechnikai Kft.
tel:(36-1)-371-05-40              1116 Bp. Csurgoi ut 20/b
fax:(36-1)-208-08-75              http://www.balabit.hu/