[zorp] Policy.py gives errors

SZALAY Attila zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:13:57 +0200

Hi All!

On 2003 Jul 02, Matt Hackett wrote:

> I've been trying to get Zorp working for several days now and have run
> into a variety of problems. After struggling to get the last source
> version from the site properly compiled (we use a PaX-patched kernel and
> it took a while to get Zorp to compile with completely PIC) I've finally
> got a running zorp executable. Except that it chokes on my policy file.
> I've gone through the indentation and such, so to really test what was
> going on I set PYTHONPATH to the zorp/pylib directory and ran "python
> policy.py" which returned this:

C part of Zorp export some class and function to python level.
Because of this you get problems when you try to run policy.py outside of
Zorp.

> Shouldn't these be coming from the Python 'socket' anyways?

No. It's coming from codes written in C.

Try to run zorp like this:

/usr/lib/zorp/zorp --as internal_out --policy /etc/zorp/policy.py -v3 -l

Of course change the path of zorp and policy.py to correct value.

And send result to me please.

--
Szalay Attila                     BalaBit IT Biztonságtechnikai Kft.
tel:(36-1)-371-05-40              1116 Bp. Csurgoi ut 20/b