[tproxy] proxy app and server app on the same host

U.Mutlu for-forums at mutluit.com
Sun Jan 18 18:44:55 CET 2015

Scheidler, Balázs wrote, On 01/18/2015 07:49 AM:
> The problem is that the synack in response to the syn goes out to the
> internet towards the faked IP address, and not back to the loopback
> interface.
>
> The problem is that the same return traffic is used by the client side of
> the proxy as well.
>
> So if you have a means to differentiate the two (match on the process
> somehow for example), then use that to mark server side packets, and then
> have routing tables that enforfes these packets to be delivered locally
> would work.

Yes, that makes sense and at first look it seems to be easy to do.
I'll have to experiment, but if you, or anybody else, have already
done this successfully I would be happy to see your solution.

But I think a more general and user-friendly solution would be
if that fix could be implemented into the kernel where the routing decision is
made, isn't it?

Thx
Uenal