[tproxy] TIME_WAIT / LAST_ACK Problem

Simon James sjames at btisystems.com
Fri Nov 18 14:20:18 CET 2011

Just an interim update on this.
I have established that the problem arises with the following packet sequence:

1. Tproxy-Server -> Client     FIN
2. Client->Tproxy-Server      ACK (of the server's FIN)
3. Client->Tproxy-Server      FIN
4. Tproxy-Server-Client        ACK (of the client's FIN - this never leaves the server)

Steps 3 & 4 are repeated.

The problem does NOT arise with the sequence:
1. Tproxy-Server -> Client     FIN
2. Client->Tproxy-Server      ACK (of the server's FIN) / FIN
3. Tproxy-Server-Client        ACK (of the client's FIN)

The search continues...