[tproxy] TIME_WAIT / LAST_ACK Problem

Simon James sjames at btisystems.com
Tue Nov 15 16:20:01 CET 2011

Hi

Thanks for the quick response!
I've applied the patch but I'm still getting the problem.
I'm progressing the diagnosis with printk() etc, and will update this post if and when I get any further.

Thanks again.

Simon

On 15/11/2011 09:11, "KOVACS Krisztian" <hidden at balabit.hu> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon 14 Nov 2011 12:57:45 PM CET, Simon James wrote:
> The problem seems to arise when the server initiates the close of the
> connection.
> In that case, the trace output shows:
>
>  1. the FIN from the server passing through the mangle:OUTPUT,
>     filter:OUTPUT and filter:POSTROUTING tables
>  2. a FIN/ACK from the client arriving and passing through
>     mangle:PREROUTING, mangle:INPUT and filter:INPUT tables
>  3. a final ACK from the server passing through the mangle:OUTPUT
>     tables but getting no further.

This might be related to a problem we've fixed about a month ago in the
upstream kernel:

https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=58af19e387d8821927e49be3f467da5e6a0aa8fd

The fix made it into Linux 3.1. Can you somehow give it a try?
(Backporting to your F14 kernel should be fairly trivial, since it's a
one-line change in tcp_minisocks.c.)

--
KOVACS Krisztian