[tproxy] Kernel Panic/System Hang when using TPROXY with 2.6.27 or later

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at balabit.hu
Tue Nov 9 07:47:10 CET 2010

Hey Oliver,

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 10:26 +0200, FREY Oliver wrote:
> sorry for my late reply, we had some delays in compiling and deploying the kernel.
> I took the diffs from the Website and created a .patch-File which then could be applied to to the vanilla 2.6.35.7-Kernel-Source without issues - is there a more efficient way to retrieve all the diffs for a commit in one file?

Sure, you can get the whole patch as-is via the web interface.

This is the patch you want:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=093d282321daeb19c107e5f1f16d7f68484f3ade

You can get a .patch file containing all the fixes related to these
files by clicking on the 'patch' link at the top of the page:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=patch;h=093d282321daeb19c107e5f1f16d7f68484f3ade

> Are there any CONFIG_DEBUG-options you can recommend to be set just in case we run into issues again, or to see if there are any issues left?

Well, apart from enabling linked list debugging and SLUB debugging I
don't think any of those would be of much use.

> As the machines previously never survived more than 72 hours without crashing, by next week I will definitely know if the issue is fixed, and I'll report back then.
> For now, thanks for your great and very quick support!

Do you have any update on this? How did your testing go?

Cheers,
Krisztian