[tproxy] any version number for tproxy?

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim jfs.world at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:45:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Laszlo Attila Toth <panther at balabit.hu>
wrote:

> Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
>
>> just curious, but is there like some kind of a version number for tproxy?
>> Saw a "tproxy-4.0" directory under "legacy" in downloads (
>> http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/tproxy/obsolete/), but no mention
>> of anything on the main page, nor readme, nor the files in the patch (well,
>> not exactly but.. unless it's "1.5.2.5 <http://1.5.2.5>"?)
>>

> TProxy 4.0 became available in July 2007, and now its newer version is in
> the http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/tproxy directory. This version
> doesn't have a tproxy table, both the target (TPROXY) and the match (socket)
> is used in the mangle table.
>
> Current version is 4.1, but sometimes it is also called as simply tproxy4.
>
> I don't mention the older (obsolete) versions anywhere because it is still
> available if someone want to use it, but they are not maintanined (except
> TProxy 4.0, as a part of our product's kernel).

ok, thanks. One question - iptables is really for user-level (as in, "a
command-line tool") stuff, right? so if all we need is the tproxy
functionality, do we really need to bother with patching and compiling
iptables?

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not