[tproxy] any version number for tproxy?

Laszlo Attila Toth panther at balabit.hu
Tue Jun 24 08:51:56 CEST 2008

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
> just curious, but is there like some kind of a version number for
> tproxy? Saw a "tproxy-4.0" directory under "legacy" in downloads
> (http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/tproxy/obsolete/), but no
> mention of anything on the main page, nor readme, nor the files in the
> patch (well, not exactly but.. unless it's "1.5.2.5 <http://1.5.2.5>"?)

TProxy 4.0 became available in July 2007, and now its newer version is
in the http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/tproxy directory. This
version doesn't have a tproxy table, both the target (TPROXY) and the
match (socket) is used in the mangle table.

Current version is 4.1, but sometimes it is also called as simply tproxy4.

I don't mention the older (obsolete) versions anywhere because it is
still available if someone want to use it, but they are not maintanined
(except TProxy 4.0, as a part of our product's kernel).

--
Panther