[tproxy] iptables 1.3.8 problem

Laszlo Attila Toth panther at balabit.hu
Thu Sep 20 09:41:41 CEST 2007

Hello,

When I removed the module xt_TPROXY from memory and its file in
/lib/modules (xt_TPROXY.ko) I got the same error message:

iptables -t tproxy -A PREROUTING -j TPROXY --on-port 80
ptables: No chain/target/match by that name

It is not in the compiled kernel. Did you set both tproxy match and
TPROXY target in Core netfilter group?

If not: If you configured xtables (Core netfilter) first and then
iptables (IP: Netfilter Configuration), only tproxy match is available
in the xtables section. In the other configuration group you can set
transparent proxying (tproxy table), and after that TPROXY target is
available in xtables group in Core netfilter.

--
Panther