[tproxy] tproxy on bridge interface

Cameron Schaus cam at schaus.ca
Wed Nov 14 22:35:19 CET 2007

Ondrej Kraus wrote:
> I don't know what is wrong. Is it known issue? Is there any workaround
> for this problem?

I have done some previous investigation around using tproxy4 code on a
bridge interface.  I found that the bridge code clobbers the dst route
entry added by tproxy4 during prerouting, and that packets processed by
tproxy destined for the localhost need to be marked with a packet type
of PACKET_HOST otherwise they are dropped higher up the stack.

I don't have a patch right now, but I can get you a diff of the bridge
code changes needed to make this work if you are interested.  The
changes are fairly minor.

Cam