[tproxy] ICMP and tproxy

Javier Govea javier@magma.ca
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:53:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am writing an proxy for different appliacations. So, far it's working with UDP and TCP.
All packets arriving at my proxy machine are redirected, with iptables, to the the proxy
server, which extracts the final destination of each packet. For the UDP case I am using a
tproxy rule to forward all traffic to the proxy server. The proxy server is using
something similar to redirect-udp-recv.c to exctract final destinations.

Now, I need my proxy to support pings and thus ICMP packets. Can use the tproxy to forward
ICMP packets to my proxy??? and to extract final destination similar to
redirect-udp-recv.c??? If this is not possible, is there any alternative?

Thanks in advance
Xavier