[syslog-ng] What is the status of syslog-ng 4 in your environment?

Peter Czanik (pczanik) Peter.Czanik at oneidentity.com
Thu Apr 27 07:44:49 UTC 2023

Hi,

Version 4 of syslog-ng was released almost half a year ago. It adds type support to name-value pairs, and lots of improvements to Python and Kubernetes support.

I just started a Twitter / Mastodon / LinkedIn poll to learn, what is the status of syslog-ng 4 in your environment?

  *   https://fosstodon.org/@PCzanik/110269557855094446
  *   https://twitter.com/sngose/status/1651486235469201408
  *   https://www.linkedin.com/posts/peterczanik_poll-syslogabrng-python-activity-7057257532536365057-wRP7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

Of course, I'd also be happy to hear some feedback, not just a poll result. So, let me know why you are on syslog-ng 4 already, or why do you delay your upgrade to this new major version!

If hearing about syslog-ng 4 completely surprised you, check https://www.syslog-ng.com/community/b/blog/posts/upgrade-problems-from-syslog-ng-3-to-4 which describes some of the major changes, and what to be careful about when you upgrade!

Peter

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at oneidentity.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik