[syslog-ng] Forwarding locally stored RAW messages

Dragan Zecevic dragan.zecevic at live.com
Thu Apr 13 11:45:18 UTC 2023

Hi,
we have syslog-ng Open Source Edition 3.33 and we are storing syslog messages from some systems into log files locally on a partition on syslog-ng server.
Each day those log files are compressed.
In order to better analyze some logs if needed we would like to extract some log files and ingest them to SIEM.

Is it possible to make some forwarder that will read these RAW syslog messages from a log file and send them via syslog to SIEM?

Thank you.

Br,
Dragan