[syslog-ng] Insider 2022-06: RHEL 9; disk-buffer; Microsoft Linux;

Peter Czanik (pczanik) Peter.Czanik at oneidentity.com
Thu Jul 14 10:01:52 UTC 2022

Dear syslog-ng users,

This is the 103rd issue of syslog-ng Insider, a monthly newsletter that brings you syslog-ng-related news.

NEWS

RHEL 9 syslog-ng news
---------------------
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 became generally available recently. Version 3.35 of syslog-ng has been part of EPEL 9 (the semi-official extra software repo for RHEL maintained by Fedora packagers) for a while and now I enabled a few more destination drivers. I also enabled RHEL 9 support in my unofficial Git snapshot packages, so I can support RHEL 9 together with other RHEL and Fedora versions on the next syslog-ng release.
https://www.syslog-ng.com/community/b/blog/posts/rhel-9-syslog-ng-news

How does the syslog-ng disk-buffer work?
Last time, we had an overview of the syslog-ng disk-buffer. This time, we dig a bit deeper and take a quick look at how it works, and a recent major change that helped speed up the reliable disk-buffer considerably.
https://www.syslog-ng.com/community/b/blog/posts/how-does-the-syslog-ng-disk-buffer-work

Installing syslog-ng on Microsoft Linux
---------------------------------------
Yes, Microsoft has its own Linux distribution, called CBL-Mariner. It is an internal Linux distribution by Microsoft used for cloud infrastructure and edge products and services. And even if it is not installed in the OS by default, CBL-Mariner also includes syslog-ng.
https://www.syslog-ng.com/community/b/blog/posts/installing-syslog-ng-on-microsoft-linux

WEBINARS

* Register for our latest webinars at https://www.syslog-ng.com/event/syslogng-webcast-series-2022/
* You can browse recordings of past webinars at https://www.syslog-ng.com/events/

Your feedback and news, or tips about the next issue are welcome. To read this newsletter online, visit: https://syslog-ng.com/blog/

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at oneidentity.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik