[syslog-ng] CentOS EoL is near

Peter Czanik (pczanik) Peter.Czanik at oneidentity.com
Tue Nov 16 14:45:14 UTC 2021

Hi,

For many years CentOS Linux was the most popular platform to run syslog-ng. Unfortunately, CentOS 8 will be end of life by the end of the year: https://www.centos.org/centos-linux-eol/

I wonder if you already made the switch to something else, RHEL, one of the old or new RHEL clones, CentOS Stream or something completely different. Or are you still in the planning phase? Or completely unaware of the CentOS Linux EoL?

I put together a poll on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PCzanik/status/1460610601848299525 and I would appreciate voting and retweets.

And of course, I'm very interested in your experiences: where did you switch, why, how did it go. Either here on the mailing list, or directly to me if you do not want to share it publicly.

Your answers help me to decide where should I put more effort while packaging and testing syslog-ng. And of course, also what OS should I use more often in my blogs. Previously the focus was CentOS with everything else appearing a lot less, now BSD variants and openSUSE also appear frequently.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at oneidentity.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik