[syslog-ng] query on remote logging

Laszlo Szemere (lszemere) Laszlo.Szemere at oneidentity.com
Wed Jul 7 05:28:03 UTC 2021

Hello Simon,
 can you be more specific about your setup? Platform, client type, protocol for communication, any extra requirements? etc..

 As for samples:

  1.  Package maintainers are really good in crafting a distribution specific default configuration. So, you can find good examples in there.
  2.  While it is not mandatory to use it, we also deliver a default configuration in our source tree: https://github.com/syslog-ng/syslog-ng/tree/master/packaging
i.e.: https://github.com/syslog-ng/syslog-ng/blob/master/packaging/debian/syslog-ng.conf
  3.  Our documentation also contains a lot of code snippets and tips for configuring Syslog-ng. I can recommend the sources chapter: https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/doc/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.30/administration-guide/18#TOPIC-1594913
  4.  We have a special source driver, which tries to cover as many use cases as possible. "default-networ-drivers", see more here: https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/doc/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.30/administration-guide/18#TOPIC-1594915

Best regards,
Laci