[syslog-ng] syslog-ng on CentOS 7 Aarch64

Peter Czanik (pczanik) Peter.Czanik at oneidentity.com
Wed Jan 20 09:18:21 UTC 2021

Hi,

I just learned that RHEL 7 on Aarch64 (64bit Arm) is end of life. Copr, where I build syslog-ng packages, removes RHEL/CentOS 7 Aarch64 packages in about half a year and it is not possible to build new packages there any more. CentOS 7 on the other hand keeps going on Aarch64 (using CentOS 8 kernel and CentOS 7 userland).

There might be a workaround for the situation (using a different build service), but it's quite a lot extra effort. So, before investing any time and effort into keep building CentOS 7 Aarch64, I want to know, if there is a significant number of syslog-ng users, who keep using CentOS 7 on Aarch64.

You can respond here or to my Twitter poll at:

https://twitter.com/PCzanik/status/1351816930345291776

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at oneidentity.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik