[syslog-ng] How to ensure that only my hosts log to my syslog server?

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Fri May 29 15:51:59 UTC 2020

We are starting to explore laptop logging which means that I have to
open up firewalls to public networks as the laptops are moved around. Is
there a way to ensure that only computers configured by my organization
are able to connect to or send logs to my log server?

I looked at "Mutual authentication using TLS" but if I understand that
correctly the client is required to have a IP/hostname that matches the
CN of the certificate.

I couldn't find other information but perhaps I am searching for the
wrong terms.

--
Evan