[syslog-ng] Regular occurrences of Error writing control channel; error='Broken pipe (32)'

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:46:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

this means that the client connecting to the control socket
/var/run/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.ctl (or similar, depending on your platform),
so this client disconnected while syslog-ng was still writing its result.

syslog-ng-ctl uses blocking I/O to query this socket, so it shouldn't do
this (unless it is killed by something on your system). is there anything
else that polls the control socket?

Bazis