[syslog-ng] Error message in syslog-ng (LOGMSG_REFCACHE_VALUE_TO_REF(old_value) >= 1)

Laszlo Szemere (lszemere) Laszlo.Szemere at oneidentity.com
Wed Jul 29 14:27:19 UTC 2020

Hello Soyef,

 the assertion is related to message reference counting. (particularly dropped by this code segment: https://github.com/syslog-ng/syslog-ng/blob/master/lib/logmsg/logmsg.c#L1521)

 We need as many information about your system as possible to investigate why this is happening.

  *   Version of syslog-ng: printed by "syslog-ng --version"
  *   Origin of syslog-ng. (How was it built?) It was coming from an official repository, or you compiled it from source code?
  *   The platform it is running on.
  *   The configuration you are using, while the error occurred.
  *   If your system is configured in that way, there should be a "core file" generated while this error happening. gdb can print the backtrace from that core file, which would be really helpful. (Please be careful! The backtrace MIGHT contains segments of log messages, and those segments might contains sensitive information.)

Thank You in advance!
Laci