[syslog-ng] disk buffer files permissions

Pal, Laszlo vlad at vlad.hu
Mon Jul 13 12:43:58 UTC 2020

Good point, however monitoring file sizes from Zabbix perspective is more
generic an re-usable. syslog-ng-ctl solution is specific to syslog-ng

Also, we will have similar permission issues there (so, we need to
implement some sudo based authorization, which is obviously possible), so
simple du in a bash script looked simpler :)

/usr/sbin/syslog-ng-ctl stats
Error connecting control socket, socket='/var/lib/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.ctl',
error='Permission denied'

L: